Tuesday 26 March 2013

What is Holi all about?

Today I asked myself; what is Holi really about? (It's tomorrow so I might as well prepare) Holi as I know it is a colorful festival. Literally. Color all over the place. I'm too scared to even step out on the street on that day! I decided to Google Holi and found out these facts:

1. Holi is all about going crazy.

2. You get to squirt people with colored water that day and not worry about getting punched!

3. Holi = "Festival of colors"

4. Happens in February and March.

5. Celebrated mostly by Hindus. So I guess I'm privileged to experience it in a way...

6. To survive Holi: Buy a squirt gun!

7. Some say Holi is celebrated because Winter is turning to Spring. Others base it on a legend.


Whew. You may have noticed that I love making lists! I guess the images give you an idea of what people will look like walking down the street here Tommorow... 
LOL Noisy Nadia

(PS: I don't have a squirt gun... Aaaak!)

No comments:

Post a Comment